[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section title=”I have just received my payslip from my agency and I think I may have not been paid for all the hours I worked. I have contacted my manager and was asked to speak to payroll. Payroll are adamant that they have paid me for all hours worked but I think they are incorrect. Please can you advise?” tab_id=”1579634466550-92a12de1-a0fb”][vc_column_text]Certainly. I you think there is a discrepancy to your wage, you would need to contact payroll verbally then follow up with an email. You will need to state the hours you have worked as well as the hours you think you are owed. We suggest you also request a reasonable response time for payroll to acknowledge and reply to your query. Ideally, you should get a breakdown of monies explaining the figure on your payslip. If still unsatisfied with the outcome, YOUR HR SERVICE can write to your employers on your behalf.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I work for two different cleaning agencies. During the festive season, one agency paid me for my regular hours even when the offices I work in were closed. The other agency operating similar hours during the Christmas period also paid but told me, the hours were paid as part of my holiday pay, I have told them I did not intend to use my holidays during this season and therefore they can not make me take a mandatory holiday. I was then told that was the company policy. I have asked to see a copy of this policy but have had nothing back. What do you suggest I do?” tab_id=”1579634466584-5852b6ae-71af”][vc_column_text]Your contractual terms and conditions or Contract of Agreement with the different agencies should have a clause that informs you on seasonal working. While it appears as if one agency is more generous over the other, there may be advantages on other clauses that balances the agency’s policy on how seasonal payments are worked out. YOUR HR SERVICE advises you formally request for your contract of agreement (which should include the terms and conditions)  as well as the company policy on seasonal pay.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I work for a care company within my area and have just handed my notice in. I am working my notice period which is one week, my final working day is today, which is also my pay day. I have checked my account and noticed I have not been paid. I contacted payroll to ask why and they said no timesheet has been put in. My line manager cannot be reached and I finish from here in the next three hours. Please can you advise me?” tab_id=”1579634619964-e67fba34-eadc”][vc_column_text]It is unlawful for an employer to withhold wages. We will suggest you wait until the next paying circle in the event you are paid in arrears with the inclusion of holiday pay (if owed any). In the event that this is not the case , the first point of call would be ACAS for early reconciliation. Should you choose to engage our services, YOUR HR SERVICE can represent you in these deliberations to ensure you get everything you are owed plus compensation for the inconvenience.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I have been reviewing my pay slips, and noticed my taxable pay is identical to my gross pay, surely the personal allowance should be showing in the ‘taxable pay’ making it a lower amount. Please can you advise if I am over paying tax?” tab_id=”1579634655829-2fa8449e-83d4″][vc_column_text]Taxable pay is usually same as gross pay as it is the figure before tax is applied. All contributions and deductions are usually reflected after the gross pay. The tax free element is calculated by payroll as this can fluctuate depending on your earnings. The best thing to do is to log on to  HMRC  to see all earnings and deductions.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I have been working for the same employer for almost two years now. Due to childcare responsibilities, my agreed working hours are between 10am to 3pm weekdays. I have just been informed that I am supposed to be working a later shift to cover for another colleague who is off on holiday. I have told the manager that it is almost impossible for me to do this shift as I have no alternative for childcare and the notice period on informing me is too short (less than 48 hours) to try to make arrangements. I am in a fix now as I do not know what else to do. Please can you help?” tab_id=”1579634693284-32806ffe-191d”][vc_column_text]Your employer has clearly not demonstrated a duty of care to you . It is unreasonable if not unlawful for your employer to expect you to comply to an unreasonable request. No employer can demand you work especially if the demand places you or your children on a health and safety or safeguarding risk. We suggest you inform your employer that you can come in at your usual time but due to childcare, you are unable to work the later shift. In moving forward, we recommend you inform your employer to give you sufficient notice to arrange childcare for any other shift.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I’m on a zero hour contract and on the national minimum wage. In some weeks, I am on the Rota for up to 40 hours, other weeks I am on 27 hours, however, most recently, I have been scheduled to work over 45 hours per week. Can my employer do this? I don’t mind the hours but I would prefer something more stable?” tab_id=”1579634729242-554fa871-af8b”][vc_column_text]A clause for zero-hour contracts entails that the employee is agreeing to work at the times or shifts provided by the employer. Depending on the nature of your job, (care assistant, security and similar jobs) you may be required to do these long shifts. there is some flexibility around working time regulations however employees must get enough rest in between shifts to enable them adequately function at their job. If this is not the case, YOUR HR SERVICE can assist you in securing better terms and conditions from your employer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I work part-time and was just wondering if we part-time workers are entitled entitled to the same bank holidays as full-time employees, regardless of whether we normally work on the day that that the bank holiday falls on or not?” tab_id=”1579634773646-0a44cd89-795f”][vc_column_text]Yes, your holiday entitlements are pro-rata[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I work for an agency, and want to confirm if as an agency worker we accrue holiday pay including bank holidays; same as full or part-time employees of the same company? Also my agency deducts money from my wages to use to pay for holidays, I mean they don’t pay holiday pay but instead deducts pay for days not worked?” tab_id=”1579634805681-fab52ecd-5110″][vc_column_text]The Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (AWR) stipulates that after 12 weeks in the same role with the same hirer, an agency worker is entitled to the same pay, as well as the same basic terms and conditions, that a permanent employee of that employer is entitled to. These terms includes holiday. Regardless if you are an agency worker, you should accrue holidays in accordance with your annual entitlement. these accrued holidays can be expressed as days or hours. You should have no deductions on your normal pay when you use your holidays unless agreed on or for unauthorised absence.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I have recently joined a company and not yet signed my contract of employment. I have disputed the terms and conditions on the contract and have contacted HR a number of times for the contract to be clarify or amended. So far I have heard nothing back. I am already six weeks into probation and mindful that the longer I stay on the job, the more difficult it becomes to object to the terms and conditions even though my contract has not been signed? Please can you help?” tab_id=”1579634863108-841c4620-f137″][vc_column_text]Yes, we can. It is implied that working without objecting to the terms and conditions of a contract indicates acceptance. It would appear that your current employer is relying on the notion that the longer you work under the given terms, the more difficult it is to bring a grievance against them. However, since you have objected to the terms and conditions and have heard nothing back from HR, you could take the option of requesting a meeting with your line manager accompanied by HR stating your concerns. Should you choose to engage our services, YOUR HR SERVICE can support you in preparation for the meeting as well as represent you in negotiating better terms and conditions on your behalf[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I have worked for my employer for almost three years, last month, everyone in our department were issued with an addendum to contract stating our wages were going to be reviewed with a risk of decrease due to our wages. Prior to this, no one in the department had been informed or consulted with. I think this is wrong. What is your take on this?” tab_id=”1579634899547-8b298a18-8cf1″][vc_column_text]If your employer is asking you to take a pay cut, this is a change to your contract of employment. Any change to your contract of employment must be agreed by both you and your employer. When deciding whether or not to agree to a pay reduction in pay, it is better to access the implications and available alternatives, it is also wise to consider if there is a risk to redundancy should you refuse to accept the wage decrease. There will usually a be a consultation period between both parties, before any addendum can come into effect.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”I have recently left my previous employer and taken them to tribunal for unfair dismissal. In the process, I have been offered another job, the new employer has asked for a reference from my previous employer. I have not heard anything since, so now I am worried that my previous employer has given me a bad reference. If this is the case, is there anything that can be done to rectify the situation?” tab_id=”1579634939564-8932938b-96de”][vc_column_text]While one cannot assume for definite that your previous employer has provided a bad reference to your new employers, these types of scenarios  do happen. Similar occurrences may even see the previous employers not providing a reference. From an HR perspective, employers are expected to provide references to cover work information (such as job title, location and start/end date). Though this makes for good practice, employers are not legally bound to comply.  YOUR HR SERVICE therefore suggests you contact your new employer with this added information or at least something to that effect, hopefully that should rectify the situation.  In moving forward, it may be wise to avoid using this previous employer for referencing.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]